The Caring Economy Leadership Program
Next Leadership Cohort begins July 9, 2013.
THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO CHANGE THE CONVERSATION ABOUT THE ECONOMY.
The Caring Economy Leadership Program prepares you to join a growing international chorus of voices speaking out for a saner, more practical economic system - one that acknowledges that the work of caring for people and the planet is the essential foundation of economic success.
I thought it was a perfect training program.” – Micki, Pennsylvania
About the Program
The Caring Economy Leadership Training program is a seminar-style, interactive online course. Participants engage deeply with the principles of Caring Economics, build meaningful connections with other grassroots leaders from around the world, acquire or expand valuable presentation and facilitation skills, and increase their confidence in speaking about the vital economic role of care and care giving.
After completing the program and earning the Certificate, program graduates create ongoing opportunities to share Caring Economics with others through presentations, study groups, teaching and writing, and they find ways to integrate the principles of Caring Economics into their work and their activism.
“I will never forget the feeling of connecting with my cohorts around the globe; the sense of connection, the feeling of a small planet. This gives me hope that we can reach across the oceans and take the hands of others in need, to extend our caring beyond borders.” – Eve, France
Changing the Conversation All Around the World
“My practicum audience got so much out of the presentation; we had a really great conversation. This material is timely and really ties to things people are thinking about. I am so grateful to Riane Eisler for opening the door for the rest of us.” - Jeanette, New Zealand
All Certified Caring Economy Conversation Leaders complete a practicum experience by leading a conversation about Caring Economics in their community or organization. The practicum gives students a supported opportunity to personalize their approach to the material and get feedback so that they leave the program feeling confident and fully prepared to continue their work as a Caring Economy Conversation Leader.
- For her practicum experience, author and consultant Olivia Parr-Rud introduced the Caring Economics material to a local Meetup group that gathers monthly in the Philadelphia area. Bolstered by the positive reception to her presentation, Olivia now plans to book a 350 seat auditorium to host a larger-scale conversation involving people from the Occupy Philly movement and others. Her presentation also led to an invitation to participate with other community leaders and members of congress in an initiative to create a new constitutional congress in Philadelphia.
- Tara Wersing, a Professor of Business and Leadership in Madrid, Spain introduced Caring Economics principles to 120 MBA students as part of her practicum work, and looks forward to further integrating Caring Economics concepts into her teaching.
- Andre Cardoso hosted a Caring Economics conversation for 25 college CELP students, professors, and community members at his university’s Culture Club. He is now heading to Sweden to further his studies of community-based approaches to economic sustainability.
Becoming a Caring Economics Conversation Leader has allowed me to interact directly with Riane Eisler and gain a deeper insight into the partnership model of society described in her book, The Real Wealth of Nations, Even better, I was given the tools to share this information in a meaningful and powerful way, and look forward to being part of the effort in bringing about a more caring and just world. – Susan, Oregon
The Caring Economy Leadership Program Includes:
- Professionally facilitated online lecture and discussion sessions, including a special session devoted to live Q&A with Dr. Riane Eisler.
- Access to a scripted slide presentation that can be customized for local audiences
- A toolkit of facilitation guides and step-by-step activities to build audience engagement
- A supported practicum experience through which students have an opportunity to present Caring Economy messages in their own voices
- Opportunities to join the growing international community of Certified Conversation Leaders, with ongoing access to resources and invitations to special gatherings and events.
- Dedicated online resource center, The Conversation Leader Community Center (CLIC!) blog.
“Thanks for the excellent organization and facilitation, very good resources to use in the future, and respect for diverse ways of carrying the message forward.” – Teddie, Minnesota
Choose from Two Formats
“The people I connected with on this experience will stay with me as I move forward with caring economic models in my world.” – Bernice, Ireland
Tuition for the program is $345.00 US. Scholarships are available and may be requested when you register for the program.
K-12 teachers and full-time caregivers can receive full scholarships. Continuing education credits and CEUs are available for teachers and health care providers. Scholarships are also avaliable on a needs-basis.
Want More Information?
If you have questions that are not answered by these materials, please contact Ann Amberg at: email@example.com.
To receive e-mail updates about the program, please add your name to our mailing list.